Monday, June 18, 2012

JUNE 18th 2012
"WOW everything this week has been amazing!!!

We went hiking this morning for our p-day activity! It was all so
wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) It was fun, but tiring at the end.

We went hiking at Red Rock- one of the top 15 places to hike in
America.

Our hike was basically "bouldering" 2 miles up a red canyon, and
seeing a breathtaking view of the valley, and then scrambling
down the rocks the 2 miles again. Super fun! There were about 18
Elders who attended :)

Saturday was SPECTACULAR. We got to see my first convert be
MARRIED in the temple!

It was so gorgeous!!!!!! I am so proud of David. He is 24 and his
wife is amazing as well! David is the only member of the church
in his family. I still remember the Joy on his face when we was
baptized over one year ago, and the Joy on his face was even
greater as he was united with his wife for eternity. During the
marriage, I got to sit in the "Mother's Chair" in the gorgeous
Sealing Room! I cried the whole time. This was definitely one of
the top spiritual moments of my mission. I am sooo grateful we
got to attend it!

After the marriage, we got to be with his family and her family
as we waited outside for them to exit the temple. We all gathered
under the shade of the palm trees, their cool shadows dancing
across our faces. It was a little windy, the sky was perfectly
blue, and the temple grounds could not have been more
breathtaking. As soon as David and Katrina came out, we all
clapped with excitement! And we took pictures! I will send some!

I have so much Joy; I feel so close to Heavenly Father. Someone
told me at church yesterday that after my mission I should "Keep
Running." I am so excited to have the gospel in my life forever!
I can’t wait to serve God throughout the days of my life!!!!!

Love,
Sister Sprouse

No comments:

Post a Comment