Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11th 2012
"I am here to say, that God saved my life.
It's so scary to think about. I've never had that happen to me.
God actually saved my physical life; I am ONLY here because he
chose to save me.

We were driving in our area which goes out to the mountains... we
were driving home on Friday from visiting a little city, and it
happened.
The road bends and curves a lot, and we were driving around a
curve when we saw 2 HUGE semis’s driving in the opposite lane.
JUST as we were coming to the bend in the curve, a stupid little
car jetted out from behind the last semi and went to pass them.
??????!!
I moved over to the shoulder as far as I could go, so the car
could possibly fit in between us and the first semi.
Just at the very last second he somehow squeezed into the little
space between the semi's before his life was over, and ours.
During this occurrence everything was very peaceful and
still...it all happened so smoothly and it felt normal...until
later down the road it hit us, what actually just happened.
So, I am so thankful this day that I am alive. I am only alive
because of god. How sad that would sound "Sister Sprouse died
with 2 weeks left of her mission."
I am brought to tears. I owe every second and moment of my life
to them!!!! To God!!!!!!! he saved me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fewf. I feel so spiritually connected with the lord now. I am
feeling a oneness with God and Jesus Christ. I feel they are
always with me.
The crazy thing is, the very night before this happened, I wrote
a letter to my brother Eric....Elder Sprouse. My very last words
to him were "If I die, I promise you I will be your guardian
angel and I will help you proclaim the truth wherever you are." 

I still get goose bumps.

Every day I will be a member missionary after my mission.

I owe my life to God!!

This week was epic!!!!!!! We have 6 new investigators!!!!!

The wards TOTALLY loves us, trusts= us, and people are calling us
to come over for dinner! Our dinner calendar for June is already
full though!!!! The Ward activity is already set in stone: Ward
Luau August 4th at 6PM!!! Come learn how to Hula, learn the
Hauka, and eat great food and mingle with great people! .....:)

Sister Garcia and I spoke in one of our wards :) It was great!

On Monday evening we knocked on the door of a referral we
received from salt lake. We had been trying to catch this person
home for a month! No one was answering, and we were about to turn
around a leave, when a woman answered the door slowly.

She asked us who we were, and we explained that we were
missionaries and that we share a great message about Jesus
Christ. She asked "are you going to talk about Joseph Smith?" I
said "Eventually....." She then said, "Well I have some
questions, come in."

YAY!!!!!!! She is so awesome and she is from Haiti. We walked
into her clean home and taught her husband and her daughter. They
accepted the fact that there are modern day prophets, and they
want to read the Book of Mormon!!!! AHHH its so exciting!!!!! We
are teaching them tonight!!!! They have 2 other sons!!

We also are now teaching a man who is in the National Guard. We
are very close with his family. He lives with his girlfriend and
her two daughters. He came to church this Sunday and it shocked
us! He wants to roll with the lessons! YIPPIEEE

We also met with 2 other new investigators!!! 

Last night on Sunday, we were visiting part member families.

I had seen his certain family at church. The dad has a ton of
tattoos, and has the appearance of a rocker. We visited them last
night to find out he is from Kentucky!!! He and his LDS wife have
only been married for 4.5 months!!! He isss sooo kind and has
questions about the church and he has been reading the Book of
Mormon!!! WHAT?? Awesome!!!!!!!!!! He is so kind and told us all
about his fishing stories in Kentucky haha! His wife and his son
are just coming back to church. THIS WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!!

All of this good work is happening!

But i must tell you, it is through faith, fasting, obedience,
diligence, and hard work that this happens. Hermana Garcia and I
have been diligently working for almost 3 months here, with no
new investigators until this week. Heavenly Father trusts us, and
now the work is flourishing! Everyone just loves us!!!!!!!! Oh
why must I leave?

I have 2 weeks left.... real life is coming. It will be
exciting!!! :)


 We got to go to the temple here 2ce this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Friday we went to the temple with the other 16 missionaries
who leave when I do. IT WAS SO SPECIAL. Sister Garcia got to come
with us! She is lucky! We got to ride with President and sister
Black!:) THEY Love us so much. It is so spiritual to be in their
presence. We went out to dinner at 4:30 and our session was at
6:30pm. Everyone loves seeing missionaries in the temple! They
freak out ha-ha!!! "MISSIONARIESSS WHERE ARE YOU FROM!???? How
long have you been out for??? Thank you for gracing us with your
presence today in the temple." It's like you are famous!!!! Geez,
i love it!!! Because missions are so hard, all the love you
receive from everyone makes up for it! :) Plus you grow from the
hard experiences!! ITS ALL FOR OUR BENEFIT!!! TRIALS YAY!!

We were at the temple again on Saturday for my First convert, and
it was so wonderful.

The temple here is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GORGEOUS! It
was also very busy...the parking lot was packed! The palm trees
and beautiful landscape was so breathtaking. Wedding guests were
outside and brides and grooms where being photographed! AHHHH !!!
So happy!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS CHURCH!!!!!!!

Inside the temple, I ran into SO MANY PEOPLE from my last 2 areas
in Vegas!!! UG! So much love!!!!!!!!! They begged me to visit
them in July!

Sister Cook, threw her arms around me and squeezed me for so
long. She said "you helped me so much!" I saw about 7 other
members from my first area of 6 months. They all flocked around
me, because they remembered me. I was able to be in the
Breathtaking Celestial Room with them, and with my first convert.
THAT felt like heaven, and I told them.

Then when I was in the bathroom inside the temple, I turned
around and saw a friend from my last area in Vegas, she said
"Sister Sprouse!!! I just got married!!!"  ha-ha!!!! CRAZY!!!!

THEN when we walked outside, I saw the Wisers who I lived with in
my last area in Vegas for 6 months!! MY MORMON FAMILY WAS
EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! They can’t wait to meet my mom and have  us
over for dinner in July. MAN! IT’S SUCH A great reunion
visiting all these people whom I served and loved so much during
the first year of my mission.

I share these things with you because I have SO MUCH JOY!

That covert to the church, he is getting married in the temple
this Saturday!!!!! I can’t wait!!! And since I didn’t die in
the car crash, I get to go!! HAHA
JOY JOY JOY JOY that’s all you receive when you serve the lord!

Amen!!

xo Sister Sprouse! :) THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING EVERYONE!!!!"
VISIT http://www.mormon.org/ ! will answer your questions on the temple!!
:) or ask me!! :) :)
 Love!

Sister Jenna Julianne Sprouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment