Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21
" WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW HOLY CATS!!!!!!!!! This week has been AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Literally, one of my favorite weeks of my mission. Maybe it is
because I am just so in love with missionary work!!! This week we
have witness SO many incredible miracles!!! And we worked so
hard. It was SUCH a fulfilling week! I am so happy! I know we
were doing the will of the lord. His work is being done-
there’s no greater feeling. :)
 SO....let me tell you about it!
 Monday we had transfers. Sister Garcia and I are staying
together!! YAY!!
 Our Nevada Las Vegas West Mission is SPLITTING!! Reno will now
have its OWN mission starting July 1st. This is very exciting!
So, all the missionaries have been split up, and where everyone
is now, is where they will be for the rest of their missions.
With this last transfer, if they were sent up North to Reno, that
is where they will stay.. in the north. WOW. President Black had
a big job placing us everywhere!!! Transfers are so exciting!!!
It’s funny, Sister Garcia and I were the ONLY companionship to
not have been split up. HAHA. The lord wants us together to do
his work here in South Zone. YAY!!!
 I LOVE SOUTH ZONE!!! If you look at a map of Las Vegas, we are
literally in the most south west corner :)
 on TUESDAY morning , we got to drive to the mission office (1
hour away), and we got a new car!! Since transfers are also on
Tuesday Mornings, I got to see a lot of my old companions! It was
so exciting. There are usually 70-80 missionaries at
transfers...switching companions, putting luggage in the trailer
attached to the 12 passenger van if they are going up north....
etc... CRAZY!
 We have a 2012 Toyata Corolla. WAY nicer then the 2009 corolla
haha. On my mission I have driven a Mazda 3, 2011 Chevy Malibu,
2012 Chevy Malibu, 2011 Ford Fusion, 2 different 2011 Suburu
Imprezas, and of course a 2009 and 2012 Toyota Corolla. I think
thats all of them! hehe! new cars every few months! Sisters are
soo lucky to have cars!!! My favorite car has been the 2011
Suburu. Definitely sturdy cars!!! wahooo.
 So the rest of Tuesday we had epic lessons and a fun dinner with
a family we are about to teach. 
 Wednesday we had a great lesson with a 8 and 10 year old we are
teaching! we also taught our investigator Jaeger who just got
baptized, and had other lessons. We also had a wonderful miracle
of finally finding one of our potential investigators HOME! He
has always been gone whenever we have tried visiting him! IT was
so exciting! We talked outside with him for 40 minutes! He is SO
funny and awesome.  a LV cop with a top of stories and a TON of
questions about the church. It was so exciting to stand there and
bear witness of this great church, to talk about the purpose of
life, and to explain to him what the book of Mormon is. He owns a
gun shop, is from New Mexico, and his mom and dad own a bar and a
bike shop. He is in his 30s and is a crazy awesome Hispanic.
 Wednesday night, Sister Garcia and I were invited to present a
seminar about missionary work for a different ward. It was soo
fun!! From 7-8pm we taught 3 different groups of youth. We shared
WHY its important to serve a mission, and WHAT amazing miracles
they will witness on their mission. We also talked about the
challenges that arise when a person wants to serve a mission, and
how to overcome the negative thoughts Satan will try to make one
feel. We gave them a print out that we made for them with notes,
and we watched an amazing 4 min movie with them on convert's
testimonies! SO AWESOME.
Thursday we were teaching a less active family. They are from the
Philippians. For weeks we have never been able to meet the mom.
On Thursday she came out during the lesson and joined us!!! She
loved us and invited us back for dinner and a lesson this
Saturday!! YIPPIEEEEEE she is a photographer!! Thursday evening
we had a very special lesson with a woman who was recently
baptized. She is still learning the gospel. I might have told you
about her... she has 2 children and is expecting another baby
this fall. The hard part is, she just got divorced and she has no
money. She is so sad and so lonely. We visited her in her house
and talked about repentance and about the love Heavenly Father
has for us! She sat on her couch just crying as she felt the
comfort of our words, and of the spirit. I do remember promising
her, that "The dark stormy nights are at a cease, and heavenly
father is here to rescue you. Tomorrow the morning will shine
brightly, the sunrise will bring you hope, and you will feel the
love of Christ forever as you come close unto him." I cry in my
heart as I write you these words. The spirit was so strong in her
lesson. She is so burdened, but I can share her pain. I do have a
past that can help her. I promised her we were her friends, and
that we weren’t going anywhere. I love that woman. Her Hispanic
sons are so good. One is 14, and the other is 5. This woman is
finding pure strength in the gospel.
 Since she needs more clothes, I went through my closet and found
some shirts and dresses for her! Last night at 8:30 we knocked on
her door, she opened it and smiled so brightly "SISTERS!!! I’m
SO glad you came, come in!" wow! What a welcome. I gave her the
clothes and she was so happy. She said, "Can i get a hug?" :) We
are friends. My family has taught me to give. When you see a
need, you give. Charity. Amazing.
Friday was CRAZYYY awesome!!!!! It was sooo hot...100 something,
and sister Garcia and I got to attempt visiting 20 families!!
fewf so epic. Not many families were home, but a few were :)
it’s always worth it!!!!
 Saturday was Jaegers baptism!!!!!!!!! SOO AMAZINGGGGG IT was a
perfect baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERFECT!!! His mom and step dad
came, AND his dad and grandma and cousins..all different faiths.
His grandma actually had called her catholic priest and asked him
if she would go to hell if she attended his baptism! Yikes! Well,
it was so perfect, and needless to say, ALL His family were the
LAST ONES to leave his baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO It was soooo
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His family loved
everything!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYY
Jaeger was sooo exciteddddddd and soo happy. We recorded his
testimony the day of his baptism on video. I will show it to you
if you want one day!
So after the baptism we felt like doing service. We called our
ward mission leader, Brother Bayardo (26 has a wonderful wife and
1 cute baby!!) and told him we felt like serving someone! He said
"Sisters, Heavenly father is watching out for me. I am just
started to work in my back yard and plant my garden! Would you
like to come and help!? " YAY so for 2- 3 hours we went and
helped him! We built a raised bed for his vegetables, and dug up
the earth for his watermelon patch. i got to use a pick axe and a
shovel!! YAY weapons!!! haha jk. Anyways we tore up 3 big bushes
and cleaned their backyard and built a fence! ya!!
Sunday was SOOO EPIC. Jaeger got confirmed and was given the gift
of the Holy Ghost :) the man we  have been teaching (3x a week),
who USED to be an alcoholic is 13 days sober and he wore a tie
and suit to church!!! ??? HELLO!!!! WOWOWWWWWWWWW. and his wife
came with him!!!! She usually has to work on Sundays!!! Less
actives were popping out everywhere!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYY :)
The Bishop was sooo happy. !!! AND GET THIS!!!! During the first
hour of church, we were sitting next to Jaeger, and then someone
came and said "someone wants you in the foyer." A Korean woman
was standing there and she told us "For two years I have driven
past this Mormon Church and I feel this is the place I need to
be. Will you teach me and my daughter?" ???? WHAT!! THAT RARELY
happens!!!! Holy cow. for 25 minutes she cried, and told us her
story and how her daughter is having so many trials...we are soo
excited to help them. I’m still stunned!!!!!!! That was the
icing on the cake!!!!!!!

Sunday night I crashed, and today at 8 am we met a husband and
wife who are looking into the church and they made us breakfast
and we painted their bathroom. They are AWESOME and in the
national Guard!!
 Now i am sitting here so tired, but so excited. What will happen
today? Tomorrow?  Next week?? These weeks are PACKED .  I am slow
at typing bc I am tired. haha. YAY FOR THIS
Gospel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :) LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 VISIT OUR MISSION WEBSITE :
http://www.nevadalasvegaswestmission.blogspot.com/
 LOVE SISTER SPROUSE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment