Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2, 2012
"WOW! Well sister Garcia and i sure have been busy! Today we got to go
to the temple with all the missionaries in our mission here in Vegas!
It was wonderful, peaceful, perfect, refreshing, and beautiful.
Our mission is splitting as of July 1st! Reno will have its own
mission! Exciting!
Amongst the people we are teaching, we are teaching an alcoholic. He
is a really nice man, and his family got baptized a couple years ago.
They are all super nice and terrific!  In the beginning of my mission I
picked up a book called the "Addiction Recovery Program." It’s a
program created by the church to help people break the chains of
addiction. It is a 12 step program like, Alcoholics Anonymous. It is a
great book and I think EVERYONE should read it. It teaches the
Atonement of Christ.
I am grateful for this opportunity to teach this man. It really takes
a lot of patience. I have so much hope for him, so much love..but in
the end, HE has to have a desire to change. Its so neat to use all the
tools I have been learning, to help this man.
He is our friend. We will go over to teach him, and he can be drunk
and his eyes will be foggy....then 2 days later we will go back, and
he is dry as a bone, totally alert, and understands all we teach him.
He will look and act like a man, our lessons will be SO powerful,
bold, yet loving, and then BAMB. Then next day he doesn’t keep his
commitments, our hearts are sad, and he is drunk again and doesn’t
understand what we are saying. What a whirlwind!
It just reminds me of HOW much ENDURING love god has for us. He loves
us so much. He has so much patience, and he is always so kind. I am
trying to apply all the Christ like attributes to my life. Last night
the man said "Thank you for being my friends. Thank you for not giving
up on me. Thank you for not judging me. Thank you for being
understanding. “Man, his words stuck my soul. I always want to BE
like Christ and always have his patience, love, and understanding
mind. I love this man we are teaching and his whole family. Last night
it actually hit me, and my heart sank as tears came to my eyes. I only
have 7 more weeks to help these people.
Our wards LOVE us, and it’s so exciting to have the little primary
children at church look up at us and say " Hi missionaries!" hehe :)
May 5th- we are attending a baptism!
May 12th- is the sealing of the family I helped teach
May 24th- My last big zone conference with the other missionaries (I
give my departing testimony)
My last temple trip is June 11th. (A special temple trip for outgoing
missionaries).
June 16th is the sealing of my FIRST convert. He got baptized March 2011!!
YAY
June 20th something I have my Departing Interview with President Black
June 26th..hum.....no bueno! haha :) but I am excited to see you all again.

BE STRONG! BE BOLD. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
CHECK OUT MORMON.ORG

No comments:

Post a Comment