Monday, April 18, 2011

"Are you a man of great faith? Do you believe in miracles? I believe in miracles and this week I have witnessed for myself the divine plan of our Heavenly Father. This week we had 17 lessons, doubled to what I have past experienced on my mission. We have 3 awesome investigators set with baptismal dates and are setting one more with a date this week. We received 9 referrals. Both our wards have fasted for missionary work. We have fasted for our investigators (people learning about the church), and for more missionary work and boy, it has come. Let me tell you of how direct God has His hand in our lives.... 3 Months ago my beloved trainer Sister Cockrell and I where running around trying to find this apartment within this huge complex. It was getting late (8:30 probably) and we where still racing back and forth across the whole thing. Finally we saw a woman walking her dog and we asked her for directions. She was so kind and she actually took us up to HER apartment to ask her son for directions. Her apartment was dimly lit, but very beautiful with many plants and it had a Greek feel to it. Her son told us where to go, and of course we left her with our pass along card and number. It was one of those families and circumstances where you thought "she would be perfect!" (for the gospel!) 3 months later a woman comes to general conference (which was 2 weeks ago). The elders there took her name and number and passed her off to us. Little did we know who she was.... when we walked up to her apartment and when the door opened, and I saw her house, and her happy face I thought "oh my gosh! This is a miracle! I am witnessing a miracle!" We are now teaching her the lessons and she has a baptismal date set for at the end of this month!!! WOW! I know she was prepared by the Lord. She has had an AWFUL life...so sad....I can't even begin to explain!!! This gospel is changing her life, and the peace she now feels she says is incredible. Never forget to give your life to the Lord. See where he takes you. Let him shape you and become like Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment